Every business online should be concerned about reputation management. Many businesses establish websites and begin doing business. The majority of these businesses think of online reputation of their business. This is a very interesting component of e-commerce which businesses need to consider for long term success online. To begin with, let me address the basics for those unfamiliar with this subject. What is reputation management?
Reputation management is also termed as online reputation management refers to the practice of trying to direct the public mentality of a person or organization by controlling the online information about an organization. This is why an organization would want to respond to any negative posts published online.
Reputation management is for all companies whether small or large. There are three categories of reputation management that come up from reputation management which organizations need to be aware of; building, maintenance, and recovery.
- a) Building – This kind of online reputation management addresses building the reputation of a business online and it’s more appropriate for a start-up company.
- b) Maintenance – This kind of reputation management is aimed at keeping the good image of an organization in the public eye. This work best for companies that are already established and have a good online reputation.
- c) Recovery – This is the last category of online reputation management. This is where there has been some negative publicity of a company and now the company wants to recover from that negative publicity. Many companies that have faced negative publicity do everything possible to hide that negative publicity and replace them with good marketing and self-promotional messages.
Online reputation management is an extensive process that involves several activities. It’s a process that scan across blogs, directory listing, online reviews, articles as well as social networking sites.
To carry out reputation management, you need to deploy these strategies;
- a) Blogging – Update blogs as often as possible, preferably daily
- b) Directory listing – Listing in all relevant directories a website with the relevant keywords.
- c) Reviews -Deploy people who will write good reviews of your company.
- d) Online publicity – This is getting an article written and posted about your companies with banners and videos syndicated online.
- e) Regular Posting on Social networking – Consider posting on social networking sites like Facebook, Google plus, Twitter, LinkedIn daily. This will keep your followers and customers updated on your products, services and general activities of the company.
Reputation management really helps companies online. Those haters who talk negatively about others’ businesses don’t get an opportunity to excel when there is powerful reputation management. It also creates an opportunity for more businesses. Whether you are beginning a business online or you’ve been there for years, reputation management is a service you should not miss out on.