Social Media Specialist
Responsible for the execution of online daily customer engagement through online communication channels and optimization of each interaction to create customer advocates; responsible for the technical creation and execution of online promotional campaigns, daily interactions with customers on social media and proactively leveraging customer interactions to retain customers.
- Monitors and moderates user-generated content that appears on social networking sites (during business and non-business hours). Forwards communications throughout the organization that need to be answered for customers and engages the assistance of Customer Service and Operations when necessary.
- Responsible for all social media content postings on networking sites that are provided by the Associate Category Manager, Digital Marketing’s content calendar.
- Responsible for daily interactions on social media channels related to, but not limited to, answering customer questions, addressing and routing customer service issues to proper personnel for appropriate handling.
- Ensures proper execution of online promotional campaigns and proactively leverages positive customer interactions to retain loyal customers into advocates.
- Uses online promotional tools to create tabs on social networking sites for promotional and informational programs
- Monitors online conversations through social media tools to identify conversation trends.
- Responsible for online communications style, tone, content calendar and work with third party vendors as needed.
- Executes the communication protocol that aligns with Speedway and Marathon’s public relations policies and guidelines.
- Executes crisis escalation plan with key business stakeholders at the direction of Manager, Customer Relationship and Associate Category Manager, Digital Marketing.
- Completes other duties, including special projects, as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or equivalent education and experience.
- Proficient in social media and familiar with emerging technologies.
- Demonstrated expertise with Word, Excel, and other MS Office suite applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to research and resolve issues.
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Strong customer orientation, creativity and business savvy.
- Excellent decision making skills and understanding of when to communicate issues to Management.
- Good understanding of intra-department functions and field operations.
- Ability to effectively coordinate customer campaigns through internal and external partners.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work on cross functional teams.